Friday, May 14, 2010

The surreal life

So, Ava needed a breathing treatment at 3:55am this morning. She also wanted to watch the Wiggles while enjoying her breathing treatment (She actually has a specific sign she does and says "wig, wig, peez"). I decided if the peanut can be brave enough to take breathing treatments then she deserves a little 4:00am wiggle. We get through it, get a diaper change and some milk and are off to peaceful sleep again (around 5:00am). At 7:12am, she wakes up "appy" and decided to jump on my solar-plexus for her morning salutation.

I should have prefaced this blog post with this: I NEED eight hours of sleep a night. If I don't get it, I feel like my brain is living outside my body and I am twitchy and weird all day. The first six months of Ava's life were pretty bizarre for me as a result of the extreme sleep deprivation. Some people can handle it. Me, not so much.

Back to the post-Peanut: super amped and happy and bouncy. Me: exhausted, a little disturbed from the whacked out dreams I had after the Wiggles at 4:00am and nursing a fairly good sized sinus infection.

So, when Ava decided to play "grab the turds" during diaper changing time, needless to say, I was not prepared and she won the round. She was only able to fling one little pellet at my face and luckily it hit my glasses. Caught the other hand mid throw. Good times.

So, in conclusion, I have an amped up on Abutural toddler/chimp who wants to climb off the walls for the day. I will enjoy my coffee and Slimfast(did I mention I was dieting during all this) and take deep breaths and enjoy the fact that this is temporary and she is still dang adorable.

Scott is insanely helpful and positive and I couldn't do it without him (or wouldn't want to at all).

K. bye

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, Mona!!! It sounds like you and Ava have had a rough day. That totally sucks!!! That's just no fun at all....for you or Ava. I tried posting a message to you on FB, but it kept saying your profile wasn't available. I'll email ya tomorrow, hopefully. I hope sweet little Ava gets to feeling better soon.
BTW, you totally made my day about the poo grabbing. That is so freakin' hilarious.