Friday, May 7, 2010

Hello 4:30am, haven't seen you in a while

Well, the Peanut decided to wake up at 4:30am this morning-wide awake and ready to play. She had a leaky diaper so we did a full costume change and came back to bed, thinking a quick cuddle would get her back to sleep. Yeah, no.

After 45 minutes of Ava reenacting a  World Wrestling Federation routine, I decided to get up and go read books with her. This consisted mostly of me muttering words with my eyes closed and handing her books while she prattled on and on and kept getting up and getting more books, chatting, etc.

At 6:12, she said "dada, seepy", so I thought she wanted to go lay down with Scott. Yeah, no. She just wanted to see if she could wake him up. He graciously (he is so awesome) said he would switch with me at 6:30 if she was still awake so I could get an hour catnap.

Thrilled with the possibility of being unconscious again this morning, I decided to get a quick email check in before I woke Scott up and switched. Ava crawled up on my lap and snuggled in....and fell asleep! Now, I am afraid to move for fear she will awaken, and we have missed the switch time, so it is extra coffee for me today!

Glad she is getting a little nap in though. would have been a long day for my sweetie.

No comments: