This morning I went to take a shower. Some days Ava likes to join me, but most days she brushes her teeth and washes her hands while I lock us in the bathroom while I shower. Today, she said she wanted to shower so in she went with me. Mid soaping my hair Ava says "all done" and jumps out. I had a choice-Jump out wet and deal with getting her back in the bathroom, etc, or just hurry up and finish my shower. I thought "how much trouble can she get into in 5 or 10 minutes" and finished up.
Well, the answer is...a whole bunch. She had climbed the barstools, was naked sitting on top of the island, had unzipped my backpack, pulled out my notebook, opened the sealed envelope that held 60 raffle tickets I am selling and pulled each apart from its mate. The good side-I only have to buy two of them that were destroyed. The best part- She was SO proud of herself. "look Mommy, I ripped it". I couldn't do anything but gently place her on the floor, move the barstools to their new home outside and laugh while rematching the tickets.
Tonight, I went to the bathroom and came out to find this:
She grabbed her stepstool from the bedroom, went to the island, grabbed the bag of popcorn and made herself a snack. In the time it takes me to pee and wash my hands. Again, she didn't get in trouble because she had just made herself a snack. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment