Well, we had a weird night/morning. Ava went to bed late for some reason even though she didn't nap so we assumed it would be smooth sailing and a long great sleep. We were very, very wrong.
At 3:12am, she woke me up saying that the "bugs scared me". She found a bug on her beep beep car three days ago that I had brought in from the outside and she has been talking about it every since, but usually not in the middle of the night.
Then she decided that i had bugs on my face, so I had to scrub my face. Then daddy had them on his head, she had them on her feet, etc. After we "scrubbed" everything, changed her diaper and put fresh socks on and gave her milk (not all on the same trip of course), we planned to settle back down into slumber. Yeah, no.
Ava was awake and ready to play. It was 4:26am and she was singing and talking and still focused on the bugs, so I decided to throw Scotty a bone and move Ava and me into her room. We laid in her toddler daybed (I am short folks, but I was in a semi fetal position with my feet poking out of the sides), and sang and talked and enjoyed being awake (HA) for another hour and change. We finally settled down and snuggled and fell asleep around 5:54am.
Ava was asleep on her toddler bed for the first time and I was too afraid to move her, so I grabbed some blankets and laid down on the floor next to her and proceeded to have incredibly trippy dreams about bugs.
At 8:26, Ava woke me up by doing a pile drive off her toddler bed onto my chest and yelling "Wake up Mommy, Good morning".
All I can say is WOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment