Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Climbing above the wall of puke (and cute pictures)

Well, this weekend sure wasn't pleasant! The Wine family (all of us) caught a nasty mean stomach virus that jacked us all up for the entire weekend.


Ava had it first, then me, then Ava again, then Scott. I won't go into details, but I will say I am pleased to have a great newer washer and dryer for the loads of puked upon clothing and bedding, and we should have bought stock in Charmin. I am just sayin..

I am super ready for a month or two of good health. As a preventative measure, Scott filled up both of our upstairs bath tubs with bleach water and we bleached every toy in Ava's possession that would submerge into water. The rest were wiped down in bleach water. As was the rest of the house (appliances, floors, walls, baseboards, etc). Hoping this may help. Ava's doc says life happens and we shouldn't do anything differently, but I am thinking of investing in a bubble to put the Peanut in.

She was in such a sweet cuddly mood even when she was sick. I can't believe how lucky we are.
On the FUN side, my friend Sara (Ava's best buddy Gabriel's "Gabby" mama) bought Ava a get well soon TUTU!!

Tell me this does not look like a Good Housekeeping Photoshoot, circa 1954, on "How to 'dress' for dinner"?

Her Model Pose


My future Ballet Dancer with one foot En Pointe (almost)

In the Kitchen with Ava

"Having dinner ready on time for Mama and Dada is very important. And I need to look pretty during prep"

Tutu Booty pop

My beautiful girl


I hope in the future to post health happy blogs about fun stuff not bodily fluid issues. Thanks to those who wrote good well wishes on Facebook, called or emailed, or bought Ava tutus! 



2 comments:

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Sorry to hear you were all sick! That sounds like a pretty unpleasant brand of sick, too. :(

That tutu is possibly the cutest thing ever. Ava just keeps raising the bar on adorableness.

Noelle said...

Love it!! The tutu - not the puking.