I am getting a weird thrill out of seeing "followers" added to the blog. Does that mean I have low self esteem? A yearning for being included? A secret desire to be on stage to entertain the masses?
Eh, probably not. It is just fun to see people enjoying stories about Ava as much as I do.
So, here is the morning Ava Cute:
Backstory:
We cosleep. Yep, that means that me, 6'4 Scott and the Peanut all sleep in one bed every night. We did the crib thing from 6 weeks until 10.5 months and then she just flipped out and wanted to be with us. I found that I sleep much better because I am not waking up every hour to go do a breathing check.
What this means now, however, is that every night is a Cirque de solei performance from Ava and Scott and I sleep on the very edge of the bed while she slips and squirms and lays horizontal across the bed (we still love it).
Ok, here is the cute:
Ava has started to sleep upside down at the foot of the bed. In order to prevent the inevitable tumble, Scott is now sleeping upside down (feet at the headboard). This morning, Ava woke up next to daddy (at the foot of the bed), crawled up to the headboard, and started unwrapping his feet so she could say hi to him. Needless to say, she was slightly confused when Daddy's head looked like feet. It was a fun giggle.
Now that I am writing it, not sure if it translates as cute as it actually was, but you have to imagine Ava doing an archaeological style dig saying "Dad, dada Daddeee?" and then being very confused when she saw tootsies instead of nose.
Ok, I give up trying to make it as cute as it was.
I will just show you a picture of Ava's normal mid evening sleep position. Note: She is starting the squiggle towards horizontal. Scott and I vie for the "head" nightly, since the "feet" side usually wakes up with a kick to the nose, jaw, boob, etc.
Enjoy the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment