Four more days until my baby starts Kindergarten. She is so ready. I am not.
Four more days to have my little sidekick with me for all day adventures
Four more days for us to have "Ava/Mama" make your own rules day
Four more days of no early morning wake ups, schedules, deadlines, breakfast in the car if she wakes up too late.
Four more days of "can we just snooze and snuggle a little longer mama?
Four more opportunities for "jammy days", or "let's get froggy, blow off our plans and have breakfast out and come home and play"
I know it is life and she is ready and happy and excited. It is just a chapter in her little life that came too soon for me and my heart is full of pride and happiness for her, but a little part is breaking as well.
For the next four days, I will savor the chaos and crazy, as our worlds will be different come Thursday morning.
My sweet little girl present day:
In my heart I still see her like this:
I miss her already.

2 comments:
awwwww! cutest photos ever! and please know that what you are feeling is understandable. Change and growing up (even as a child myself) has always been really hard on me ... just knowing that things will be different - it tugs at me. Sending CJV to preschool last December - right after she turned three - was one of the hardest, most stressful things I have ever done! And this year I am trying to wrap my brain around how quiet the house will be while NHV is at school all.day.long. Hugs, friend! This too shall pass ... and more change is on the horizon ... just can't stop it!
so well said, Mona. Much love and strength to you as you celebrate these last few days. I am also excited to watch you discover your "new normal" as you enter this next phase of life. Go Team Wine!
Post a Comment