Ava hasn't been exposed to much religion in her young life. That will be changing come Sept, when she begins Kindergarten at a Christian school.
I tried, unsuccessfully, to baby step her into religion, and it ended badly (Me making comparisons to Jesus and Tinkerbell, Ava freaking out the Tinkerbell had be killed-it was terrible).
So instead of trying to tread the waters, we threw her into the deep end: Vacation Bible School.
And Wow.
Our sweet friend Mimi, Ava's bestie and buffer for the week. When things got too heavy, she would just play with Mimi
The "worship with song" part was Ava's favorite
Here is Ava "Stomping false idols", after learning the story about the sins of worshiping false idols
I was a volunteer for two days, so I was able to experience some of it with Ava.
My favorite quotes from VBS:
First day snack time, they made sandwiches with just rasberry jam and a heart cut out of one bread. It was to symbolize God's love.
Me: "That looks yummy Ava, what is it"
Ava: "It is God's love"
She shows me the bread piece cut out in the shape of a heart
Ava: I am eating God's heart"
Teacher: "We all live in the Kingdom of God"
Ava: "I don't, I live in Issaquah"
Teacher: "I am assuming you all have a bible at home"
Ava's friend Mimi: "I have a book on butterflies at home"
Ava: "My daddy checks out princess books at the library all the time"
Ava, recounting the story of Jesus being crucified (ididn'tknowtheyweregoingthisdeep) to Scott and me:
"These bad guys, they took Jesus and put him up on a cross and put nails in his hands. Rude, right?"
yep, totally rude.
Sweet Ava, you are so open to learning new things and are so fun to watch when you are figuring life out. I love being able to experience these things through a child's eyes.
3 comments:
Totally rude :) So funny
Laughing my ass off. Can I say "ass" on this thread? :)
Oh my gosh, those quotes. "I live in Issaquah"--so funny!
Post a Comment