Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Momiform

I am in a clothing rut. A deep, dark clothing rut. I have succumbed to....the "momiform". Yes folks, it exists. The momiform varies from mom to mom, but almost always consists of:

  • A loose fitting shirt
  • Comfortable pants
  • comfortable shoes
  • hair pulled up or in headband
My momiform has evolved into a solid color long sleeved tee shirt, dark blue jeans, and black comfy ankle boots. Sounds functional and kinda cute, right? Yea, it would be if you didn't see my in this combination EVERY SINGLE DAY!

It is a difficult cycle to break. Part of Stay at home momdom is having a very short period of time to yourself to get ready. It is easy to get into just throwing on what you know works and moving on.

My goal is to break this cycle in Spring. I may even shake it up and buy a shirt with a print on it.

3 comments:

EmmaLouWho said...

Yes! Me too... mine is a t-shirt (long or short) with a cardigan or hoodie in some combination of black and grey, jeans and my crazy uncombed hair. I am trying to wear more bright colors lately... although today? White t-shirt, grey cardigan. Sigh.

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

That sounds like what I wear day in and day out, except I have no excuse.

Sara said...

I say go with it while you can. There will be time enough to wear "real people" clothes again. If you ever feel bad about it, just compare yourself to me. :)