Anyone that knows me can vouch for me when I say I am a giant Spaz. I am loud, my laugh is ridiculous, I am always running around doing something, and I don't love to be still. Scott is my polar opposite. Quiet, relaxed, an easy smile and a man of very few but mostly very subtle funny words.
This is why I find it so funny that when we have play time with Ava, I am the Quiet One!
This weekend I have been slammed with the Healthy Kids, Healthy Families event so Scott has been doing more focused play with Ava instead of our typical weekend play. This means making gymnastics balance beams out of our bar stools, running up and down the halls as monsters, making things that explode, etc.
When I took some time to focus play with Ava and give Scott some time, we played Uno Moo and then played dress up with her Fairies and some handmedown barbie stuff from my niece. We were relaxed and in one spot just chatting and playing.
I do have my loud moments, but I realized for the most part, I do all of the things with Ava that I loved doing as a child, which was quiet focused play, and I think Scott must have bounced off the walls as a boy. I will have to ask his Mom.
Either way, my Peanut had a dang fun weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment