Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

It is January 3rd already and our normal schedule begins again this week. Scott is back to work, Ava is detoxing from vacation overload and I am trying to keep my head above water navigating through a ton of toddler needs as well as a huge volunteer job I have taken on. I am also waiting on word to see if I will be doing a big consulting project this month as well.

For a gal who doesn't "work", I sure know how to keep busy. :)


Ava is becoming more of a little girl than a toddler now and will engage in long, complex conversations. She is starting to want to know the real story behind everything, and will ask 100 questions until she is totally satisfied with the answers she is getting. She is also exploring her emotions and I often hear "I am angry, I am sad, I am super happy...cuz". She will always tell me the emotion and the reason for it.

My sweet example:
This morning at 3:55am (you are reading that correctly folks) I heard her calling out for Scott. Scott didn't move, so I assumed he was tough loving her, so I didn't run in and get her. One minute and three unsuccessful yells later I heard the feet plop and pat pat pat to our room. 

"MMMMMAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAA"! I scoop her up, calm her down, ask her what is wrong. She says "I sad". I of course ask why. "Cuz it is not morning time yet but I want to play with Daddy right now and him not want to play." It was so heartbreaking and cute at the same time. I explained the whole need for sleep thing, calmed her down and she napped for an hour in our room until she wanted mama "to snuggle up tight" with her in her room.

She and Scott are still sleeping peacefully, I am awake and trying to figure out how I will be maintaining our busy morning without large amounts of coffee.

But seriously, it was pretty cute.

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for following along on the blog with us.

No comments: