Ava loves herself some horses. I grew up with horses and Scott's mom owned a horse for several years when Scott was little so I guess it is a genetic thing. We have been so lucky this summer that our farmers market (like five minutes away) offers pony rides every weekend.
Essentially, the concept is a live merry go round since the horses are on the exercise loop, but Ava digs it so much. Her favorite horse is Little Joe (she calls him "Baby Joe), but she also likes Rusty and Reggie. It is so fun to be able to do this with her and I can't wait until she is a little older and we can go trail riding.
These little things make me realize how lucky I was growing up in the "country" part of Tucson. I took for granted all I had since I didn't really know any better. I think I just assumed everyone lived on 10 acres, had horses, cows and dogs and cats, a fun playroom downstairs for the kids and all the love a family could offer.
I am happy we can give Ava these little types of experiences, even if they are just ponies on a circle exerciser. She may not remember the activity, but I hope she will always remember how much joy she had and how much she gives us.
No comments:
Post a Comment