After only a week sleeping together on a twin size mattress in Ava's room with her (to make her comfortable and to get her used to sleeping in her room), my peanut was ready.
I usually put her to sleep in our bed and then carry her into her room and sleep with her on the twin bed. Tonight, she asked if she could go to sleep in her "big girl room". So we snuggled up on the twin bed, had some milk and read a couple books.
A couple minutes into snuggling/playing, Ava asked if she could sleep in her "Big girl Bed" which is her crib that has been converted into a toddler bed. Scott and I immediately ripped every stuffed animal off the bed and tucked her right in.
Took two songs and a little noggin rub for her to fall asleep, but she did! Such a big girl.
That noise you hear? My heart breaking just a little bit that my girl is getting so big.
The proud mama in me is so pleased and proud of her confidence and independence, but wow is it hard to watch them grow up so fast.
Reminds me to stop and enjoy every moment.
3 comments:
I love this blog. What a great way to log all the progress. She is really growing up fast.
I feel your pain about Ava growing up. I totally feel the same way about Shea and Drew. In my head I'm always thinking that every little thing they do is making them one step closer to not needing me anymore.......the worst feeling in the world.
Gotta love those sweet, precious little gifts from God. How lucky are we that we have them!!!!
Well put, Mona! Ava is just so sweet and I know just how tough these milestones can be on Mommy! Sometimes I feel like a broken record on my blog about how fast they are growing up.
Post a Comment